Close Menu
lyricsmist.com

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Poll rolls shrink by 1.7 crore (8%) in 9 states/UTs under SIR Phase 2 | India News

    February 22, 2026

    Incensed Trump raises tariffs from 10 per cent to 15 per cent causing more trade turmoil

    February 22, 2026

    R Madhavan opens up about meeting wife Sarita Birje when she was his student: ‘She found my teaching interesting’ | Hindi Movie News

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
    lyricsmist.comlyricsmist.com
    • Home
    • Sports
    • world

      US soldier accused of stealing $3 million to fund mansion and luxury cars: ‘Stole taxpayer dollars’

      February 22, 2026

      Nigeria: At least 38 killed after armed ‘bandits’ open fire in Zamfara village. world news

      February 21, 2026

      UAE weather forecast: Foggy mornings, rising humidity expected through Wednesday | world news

      February 21, 2026

      ‘That could’ve been me’: Gordon Ramsay breaks down over brother’s heroin addiction in raw new Netflix series.

      February 21, 2026

      Explained: 5 reasons why NYT op-ed is saying it’s ‘India’s century’

      February 21, 2026
    • Contact
    • Entertainment
    • Top Stories
    Facebook Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
    subscribe
    lyricsmist.com
    Home»Sports»Kerala Blasters first ISL home game on track, but stadium rent row casts shadow over future matches. football news
    Sports

    Kerala Blasters first ISL home game on track, but stadium rent row casts shadow over future matches. football news

    AdminBy AdminFebruary 22, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Kerala Blasters first ISL home game on track, but stadium rent row casts shadow over future matches. football news
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
    Kerala Blasters first ISL home game on track, but stadium rent row casts shadow over future matches
    Photo credit:

    KOCHI: Preparations for Kerala Blasters’ first home match of the new Indian Super League (ISL) season against Mumbai City FC were thrown into turmoil on the eve of the fixture on Saturday, following an unexpected standoff with the Greater Cochin Development Authority (GCDA), which owns the Jawaharlal Nehru International Stadium in Kochi.GCDA denied permission for a pre-arranged pre-match press conference to be held inside the stadium, forcing the club to shift the interaction online at short notice.Tensions escalated later in the evening when GCDA officials reportedly asked All India Football Federation (AIFF) personnel, including match commissioner Arunava Bhattacharya, to vacate the premises. The authority also allegedly ordered the closure of the club’s administrative office operating within the stadium complex.Amid speculation that the match could be called off, the Blasters clarified in a late evening statement that the game would proceed as per schedule. “In the end, football is the winner. We will take to the field against Mumbai City FC tomorrow for our first home game of the season,” the club said.However, a source close to the management indicated that the understanding applies only for the opening fixture, with no clarity yet on arrangements for the remaining home games.The uncertainty stems from a dispute over stadium rent and pending payments.Last week, GCDA chairman K Chandran Pillai announced in a joint press conference with club officials that Rs 2 lakh would be charged as a one-time concession for this season, instead of Rs 8 lakh that was charged during the previous seasons.However, the authority’s executive committee, which met on Thursday, reportedly reversed the decision and fixed the rent at Rs 4.2 lakh per match.In addition to the revised match-day rent, GCDA is said to have demanded that the Blasters clear the full amount and settle an additional Rs 22 lakh as liability fees from the previous season within a week.According to a source within the club, the disputed sum relates to losses and additional expenses arising from a Bharatanatyam event held at the stadium in December last year.“Since the event happened in the middle of the season, they are asking us to pay that amount. Why should we pay the liability for an event that had no connection with us?” the source said.TOI reached out to GCDA officials, but they were not available for comment.The standoff played out publicly earlier in the day when GCDA security personnel asked journalists to vacate the hall designated for the pre-match press conference before locking up the venue. Blasters head coach David Catala and midfielder Rowllin Borges reportedly waited for over 30 minutes before leaving, once it became clear the interaction would not be allowed to proceed.The club subsequently conducted the media briefing online. During the session, Catala was asked pointedly by a reporter: “Which is your home ground?”The Spaniard kept his focus on football. His priority, he said, was preparing the squad and playing in front of their supporters at the stadium. He exuded confidence that the match would go ahead at the venue despite the uncertainty off the pitch.For now, the Blasters’ home opener will go ahead as per schedule, but the dispute over rent remains unresolved, casting a shadow over the rest of their ISL campaign.

    Greater Cochin Development Authority isl 2023 Jawaharlal Nehru International Stadium Kerala Blasters Mumbai City FC stadium rent dispute
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
    Admin
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Colombo rain: What is the cut-off time for PAK vs NZ T20 World Cup Super 8 match? | cricket news

    February 21, 2026

    PAK vs NZ Super 8 showdown: New Zealand wary of Usman Tariq threat but back familiarity against Pakistan | cricket news

    February 21, 2026

    Close calls, big statements: Associates make noise at T20 World Cup, will ICC listen? | cricket news

    February 21, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Our Picks
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Top Stories

    Poll rolls shrink by 1.7 crore (8%) in 9 states/UTs under SIR Phase 2 | India News

    By AdminFebruary 22, 20260

    NEW DELHI: With nine of the 12 states covered in Phase 2 of special intensive…

    Incensed Trump raises tariffs from 10 per cent to 15 per cent causing more trade turmoil

    February 22, 2026

    R Madhavan opens up about meeting wife Sarita Birje when she was his student: ‘She found my teaching interesting’ | Hindi Movie News

    February 22, 2026

    Kerala Blasters first ISL home game on track, but stadium rent row casts shadow over future matches. football news

    February 22, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    About Us
    About Us

    LyricsMist brings you the latest song lyrics, music updates, and trending news—all in one place. Stay tuned for fresh content daily and never miss a beat.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: brandmistsolutions@gmail.com
    Contact: +91-77-999-59910

    Our Picks

    Poll rolls shrink by 1.7 crore (8%) in 9 states/UTs under SIR Phase 2 | India News

    February 22, 2026

    Incensed Trump raises tariffs from 10 per cent to 15 per cent causing more trade turmoil

    February 22, 2026

    R Madhavan opens up about meeting wife Sarita Birje when she was his student: ‘She found my teaching interesting’ | Hindi Movie News

    February 22, 2026
    lyricsmist.com
    Facebook Instagram YouTube
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Privacy Policy
    © 2026 LyricsMist All Rights Reserved. Designed by Brandmist.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.