Close Menu
lyricsmist.com

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Europe and America lose millions of Christians, Africa now largest region with 697 million believers.

    February 16, 2026

    ‘O’ Romeo’ box office collection Day 3 and Day 4 (LIVE): Shahid Kapoor starrer races past Rs 30 crore over opening weekend | Hindi Movie News

    February 16, 2026

    US confirms death of Karnataka’s Saketh Sreenivasaiah; father says no official info yet | Bengaluru News

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
    lyricsmist.comlyricsmist.com
    • Home
    • Sports
    • world

      Europe and America lose millions of Christians, Africa now largest region with 697 million believers.

      February 16, 2026

      Iran-US indirect talks: Tehran’s top diplomat travels to Geneva for second round

      February 16, 2026

      ‘Lit house on fire and watched…’: Canadian school shooter Jesse Van Rootselaar tried to kill family first, says neighbor

      February 15, 2026

      Viral diving video turns dangerous: Oman issues urgent warning after man swims with killer whale

      February 15, 2026

      Hardline outfit Jamaat-e-Islami alleges irregularities, calls for recount in 30 seats

      February 15, 2026
    • Contact
    • Entertainment
    • Top Stories
    Facebook Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
    subscribe
    lyricsmist.com
    Home»world»Except one, other news outlets reject Pentagon’s new press rules — US media and Trump still at odds: what’s behind the rift?
    world

    Except one, other news outlets reject Pentagon’s new press rules — US media and Trump still at odds: what’s behind the rift?

    AdminBy AdminOctober 15, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Except one, other news outlets reject Pentagon’s new press rules — US media and Trump still at odds: what’s behind the rift?
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
    Except one, other news outlets reject Pentagon's new press rules — US media and Trump still at odds: what's behind the rift?

    Most of the nation’s leading news organizations have announced they will not sign a policy that severely restricts journalists’ access to the Pentagon ahead of a Tuesday deadline set by the Trump administration. Outlets including the New York Times, Washington Post, The Associated Press, The Hill and NewsNation declined to sign the policy, which limits access for reporters credentialed to work in the massive Arlington, Va, building.

    What new rules said?

    The new rules bar journalist access to large swaths of the Pentagon without an escort and say Hegseth can revoke press access to reporters who ask anyone in the Defense Department for information — classified or otherwise — that he has not been approved for release, The Hill reported.The Pentagon Press Association (PPA) stated last week that Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and his department are attempting to “stifle a free press” with the new policy. The PPA criticized the policy for conveying “an unprecedented message of intimidation to everyone within the DoD, warning against any unapproved interactions with the press and even suggesting it’s criminal to speak without express permission—which plainly, it is not.” Only one media outlet, pro-Trump conservative network One America News, has agreed to sign the Pentagon’s new policy. Conservative cable channel Newsmax has refused to sign, describing the restrictions as “unnecessary.”

    How Hegseth reacted over denial of news outlet

    Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth reacted by posting the Times’ statement on His team has said that reporters who don’t acknowledge the policy in writing by Tuesday must turn in badges admitting them to the Pentagon and clear out their workspaces the next day.

    Trump-US media not going hand to hand

    This is not the first time when the Trump administration barred the news outlet from entering the main building. Earlier, the White House is barring all Associated Press journalists from accessing spaces such as the Oval Office and Air Force One. The decision to limit AP’s access stems from its decision not to recognize the Trump administration’s name change from Gulf of Mexico to Gulf of America on federal maps, websites and documents.And the news outlet which Pentagon barred is actually the one who doesn’t write so many good things about Trump or one can say “not” a pro Trump site.

    access Journalists Pentagon policies trump administration
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
    Admin
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Europe and America lose millions of Christians, Africa now largest region with 697 million believers.

    February 16, 2026

    Iran-US indirect talks: Tehran’s top diplomat travels to Geneva for second round

    February 16, 2026

    ‘Lit house on fire and watched…’: Canadian school shooter Jesse Van Rootselaar tried to kill family first, says neighbor

    February 15, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Our Picks
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    world

    Europe and America lose millions of Christians, Africa now largest region with 697 million believers.

    By AdminFebruary 16, 20260

    Christianity declined in the West, losing followers, while sub-Saharan Africa grew rapidly, becoming the region…

    ‘O’ Romeo’ box office collection Day 3 and Day 4 (LIVE): Shahid Kapoor starrer races past Rs 30 crore over opening weekend | Hindi Movie News

    February 16, 2026

    US confirms death of Karnataka’s Saketh Sreenivasaiah; father says no official info yet | Bengaluru News

    February 16, 2026

    Four astronauts arrive at International Space Station via SpaceX to bring crew back to full strength.

    February 16, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    About Us
    About Us

    LyricsMist brings you the latest song lyrics, music updates, and trending news—all in one place. Stay tuned for fresh content daily and never miss a beat.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: brandmistsolutions@gmail.com
    Contact: +91-77-999-59910

    Our Picks

    Europe and America lose millions of Christians, Africa now largest region with 697 million believers.

    February 16, 2026

    ‘O’ Romeo’ box office collection Day 3 and Day 4 (LIVE): Shahid Kapoor starrer races past Rs 30 crore over opening weekend | Hindi Movie News

    February 16, 2026

    US confirms death of Karnataka’s Saketh Sreenivasaiah; father says no official info yet | Bengaluru News

    February 16, 2026
    lyricsmist.com
    Facebook Instagram YouTube
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Privacy Policy
    © 2026 LyricsMist All Rights Reserved. Designed by Brandmist.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.